Forehead and Brow Lift
Dr. Jay performs Brow Lift and Forehead Lifts to raise eyebrows and reduce or eliminate ridges and furrows on the forehead, thus creating a smoother, more youthful appearance.
A feminine beautiful eye brow is one of the most aesthetic aspects of a beautiful face! A beautiful eye brow is aesthetically pleasing when the outer 2/3 of the eyebrow arches like a bow above the upper margin of the bony eye socket, while the inner end is not raised. To complement this, the frown lines and the forehead lines must also be absent to have a perfect looking face.
Most full Brow Lifts involve raising of the whole flap of skin from the forehead, cutting the muscles that cause the frown lines, releasing and pulling the eyebrows from the bone and re-draping the skin tight.
This can be performed in several ways, by itself or in conjunction with other surgeries.
- Traditional Brow and Forehead Lift: This involves a long incision about 1″ behind the hairline extending from one temple to the other, elevating the skin and muscles from the skull and re-draping. This is the most invasive form of brow lift. The excess forehead skin is removed. Sometimes this form of brow lift may cause raising of the hairline that may not be very pleasing.
- Trans-Follicular Subcutaneous Brow Lift: This method involves a much shorter incision just 5 millimeters behind the hairline. This method is much less invasive, removes excess forehead skin and does not raise the hairline.
- Endoscopic Brow Lift: This procedure completely avoids a long incision, but uses several small incisions behind the hairline to achieve the same result. However, no excess skin can be removed by this method.
- Lateral Mini-Brow Lift: this is done by two small incisions just behind the hairlines near the temples. This only allows minimal raising of the lateral eyebrow and nothing else. The forehead is not affected.
- Lateral Mini Brow Lift also can be accomplished through Upper Eyelid incision during cosmetic eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
In our hands, the Trans Follicular approach seems to get the best results, without raising the hairline, with minimal complications.